When I'm not directing, I love producing projects from comedies to drama, visually stunning pieces, to documentaries. It is another way for me to experience another world from a producer's perspective, which is almost like creating and running a start up. I take joy in bringing together a group of collaborative filmmakers, who all are impassioned by the story, to put out the best results we can. A producer is a mother, manager, businesswoman, politician, and sometimes, the cook.
- Untitled Gaming Documentary: Field producer for Korean speaking players
- Murder in Swan Pond: A murder mystery mockumentary featuring puppet art. Premiering Winter 2013.
- Adan: Lead producer for Adán, a short film based on true events, about a young boy abducted to pay off his father’s debt in Mexico.Premiered at Cannes Film Festival 2013 and won the Grand, Jury, and Audience Award at the Diversity Shorts Showcase.
- Magazine Missionaries: Produced Magazine Missionaries, a USC thesis film about two teenagers selling magazines for their catholic school in Summer 2011; Secured locations, assisted casting with director, and hired personnel.
- Understudy: Lead producer for Understudy, a USC thesis dance film starring Jeanine Mason (So You Think You Can Dance Season 5 winner) in Summer 2010. Cleared music rights for “Quimbara” by Celia Cruz, which was extensively used in the film.
- Polar Opposites: Produced Polar Opposites, a USC thesis documentary in Spring 2012, exploring feminism and pole dancing; Created relationship with pole dancing community, scheduled interviews, oversaw workflow, managed crew members. Received broadcasting on The Documentary Channel.
- Go To Kenny: Producer, 7 minutes, 15 seconds. Color. Digital HD. Narrative Short. Go to Kenny is a workplace comedy that centers on the life of Kenny, a man who unwillingly becomes the keeper of all his co-workers' deepest darkest secrets. Set in the fictional world of a fast-paced lifestyle company named Fred Tardy, Kenny becomes a human confessional for his entire department. As a result, Kenny knows all the office gossip about everyone. With all of this knowledge, however, help or haunt Kenny? Premiered at the Vietnamese International Film Festival. Official Selection for the 25th Annual Los Angeles Pacific Film Festival.
- BPS: Producer, Co-writer. 4 minutes, 13 seconds. Color. Digital HD. Narrative Short. Competed in the 72 Hour Shoot out (NYC). A classic fairytale comes to life when a quirky package goes missing at BPS. Premiered at the Asian American International Film Festival in 2007. AWARDS: Top 10 Finalist at the 4th Annual 72 Hour Shootout. NOMINATIONS: Most Original Film, Best Story. Placed second place for audience awards, aired nationally on AZN TV.